Friday, March 30, 2007

Subway Diet, Day 5

I had a premonition, I think. Some time in the middle of the night, I was worried that I gained weight. But I knew this couldn't be possible, since I ate less than 3,500 calories (= 1 lb.) on Thursday. Either way, I was quite nervous getting on that scale.

Weigh-in: 97.8 lbs. WTF?! I gained 1.2 lbs.! How is that possible? It must be water weight, I convince myself, but I don't think I drank that much yesterday. What gives?

7:05 a.m. - After 10 min. of being extremely incredulous, I go read the newspaper. I do NOT eat anything.

8 a.m. - I make a pot of coffee. I guess I'll put something in my stomach just to get my metabolism going.

10 a.m. - I of course feel hungry, but I don't even drink any water because I'm punishing my body for making me gain weight.

11:50 a.m. - Time to buy my last lunch sub. I come full circle and purchase an oven-roasted chicken breast with lettuce, tomatoes, sweet peppers and mustard on Italian (toasted), with Lay's Light and a diet Coke.

A lady behind me in line purchases a mini-sub. I think it's a three-inch kiddie sub and can't be that filling. This is all she orders.

Noon - I'm still a little miffed about gaining weight. I decide to eat this sub at a regular pace. This sub tastes WAY better than the one I had on Monday.

Lunch statistics: 390 calories, 5 grams fat, 1.5 grams saturated fat.

4 p.m. - One of my coworkers says she is going to a fish fry tonight. Oh how I miss fried foods!

5:05 p.m. - I get a couple of drinks with another coworker. It's nice that there is no free food calling out my name. I have one Stella Artois and one PBR. I certainly do not recommend this transition. Imagine eating a juicy, tender prime rib, then eating poop. This is the taste equivalent of going from Stella to PBR (more or less).

6 p.m. - I bake my other foot-long sub from last night. It's a roast beef with lettuce, tomato and sweet peppers on Italian. This sub tastes great. The fat from the beef sorta melts into the bread, making for a great flavor. I'm glad I'm ending this diet on a high note.

Dinner statistics: 580 calories (sub) + 120 (milk) + 340 (beer) = 1,040 calories, 10 grams fat, 4 grams saturated fat.

I admit, after dinner, I went out for some drinks, but I'm not counting calories anymore.

Friday's statistics: 1,430 calories, 15 grams fat, 5.5 grams saturated fat

I'll recap the week and give you the final results in the Day 6 blog.

No comments: