Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Subway Diet, Day 3

I didn't feel great last night. I learned that drinking three doppelbocks, which have twice the alcohol content as regular beer, while hardly eating anything will mess you up quickly. In fact, only several hours after consuming the beer, I was hungover.

This morning wasn't fun, either. My sinuses have been acting up again, and when they do, they often mess up my equilibrium, causing me to be dizzy. My stomach is burning right now because I took a Wal-Phed (or something similar) without much food to help absorb it.

Weigh-in: I dropped another .6 pounds to 98.0 in this morning's weigh-in (as a reminder, I started at 100.2, obviously a fake number).

6:50 a.m. - I eat my tropical fruit cup in about 40 seconds.

7:30 a.m. - After showering, I start to really feel dizzy. I wish I could go back to bed.

10:16 a.m. - Mmm, water.

12:05 p.m. - Time for lunch! I eat the rest of the sweet onion chicken teriyaki sub from last night; it's actually not too bad the next day. I take off the jalepeno peppers because I don't want to sweat too much at the office. I try to take at least 10 min. to eat this sub to trick my stomach into thinking I'm fuller. After the sub, I eat a medium-sized red apple. I wash it all down with some caffeine free diet Mt. Dew. Boy, this is one tasty meal!

Lunch statistics: 415 calories, 5 grams fat, 1.5 grams saturated fat

3:30 p.m. - Another glass of water. I realized I haven't had the hunger pangs that I had on Monday and Tuesday. Maybe my stomach has shrunk?

5:55 p.m. - I had a hair cut and now am driving home. On route, I see a Pizza Hut delivery car and contemplate pulling over and giving the driver a twenty for whatever he has in hand. I think next week I'm going to really pig out. That's delayed gratification for you.

6:15 p.m. - I heat up the other 12-inch sub from last night in the oven. When I put it out, it smells really good, like the same smell that wafts into my office throughout the day.

6:17 p.m. - Smells can be deceiving. Normally I can stand pickles, but these pickles are just God-awful. On top of that, the black olives (which I hate) that I forced myself to get as a topping do not make the sub appetizing. You know that feeling when you're so hungry you could eat anything? Well, it was sorta like that as I choked down the first half of the sub. On the second, I had to pull off the pickles and olives.

I'm quite certain Jared couldn't have eaten a foot-long veggie sub every night. First, I don't think I could eat BBQ ribs, something I love, every single day. Also, what man in hell likes a sandwich without meat?

7 p.m. - I got to a meeting that happens to be serving sundaes and root beer floats. I don't have a sweet tooth, but since I didn't have much of a dinner, I bet I could pour one of the two-liter bottles of root beer into the gallon of ice cream and make a big dent. As a result of my temporary insanity, I've come to the revelation that life is one temptation after another--it's the ones you avoid that shape your character (fuck I'm hungry!).

Dinner statistics: 580 calories (sub) + 120 (skim milk) = 700 calories, 10 grams fat, 3 grams saturated fat.

Like I said yesterday, I promised I would behave today! (Tomorrow is another story: I have a happy hour and two b-day parties to attend.)

Wednesday's statistics: 995 calories, 15 grams fat, 4.5 grams saturated fat.

No comments: